Sidewalk Art






I've been drawing on the sidewalk with hard pastels. It all started when the kids went to the annual festival in San Rafael. I didn't go with them but they got me inspired. Started out with some of my favorite iconic images. Threw in an Obama portrait.

Today Domenico and I went to a sidewalk memorial for a young man who was murdered in the Mission the other day. He was someone who had been in trouble in the past, put it behind him, got a job and was making a life for himself. He got shot down anyway a few doors from his home. I did a portrait of him on the sidewalk at his memorial. Domenico went with me. People talked to us about how homicide has touched their lives.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

those are very beautiful drawings
-anthony caramagno

Anonymous said...

You are / were the one 4 me, say hello to Lorraine, remember 4th of July 75'

Denise Caramagno said...
This comment has been removed by the author.